Wednesday 19 August 2015

Lipsticks for Beginners // Nudes & Pinks

I wanted to start a little 'series' type thing on my blog, and I thought lipsticks would be the best topic. I absolutely love lipstick, and have quite a few different colours, so I thought I'd go through some of my favourites for anyone who isn't really into lipsticks and is looking for some inspiration. So look out for the other 2 posts I'll be doing on 'lipsticks for beginners'.

Since I'm still in school but can't go a day without wearing lipstick, I've acquired lots of pink shades and nude shades. Here's some of my favourites.


MAC 'Velvet Teddy' Lipstick
This lipstick is a matte finish, and this is my go-to school lipstick. It's one of MAC's bestsellers and for good reason, it looks amazing.




MAC ' Please Me' Lipstick
This one's a light pink shade, and it looks amazing with quite neutral eyes. It doesn't suit me that much because lighter colours don't really suit me, but I still think it's a really gorgeous colour.




MAC 'Fanfare' Lipstick
Fanfare is really similar to Please Me, which is why it looks exactly the same on the photos, but it's a little bit darker. I find that this colour suits me better because it's a little bit darker, but it's still a really nice pink shade.




Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in '728 - Honey Beige'
This one is what my friends call my 'brown lipstick' but I really like it. It's definitely a lot browner than Velvet Teddy, but it looks really nice with dark eye makeup.




No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in '25 - Classic Rose'
This is probably the brightest colour I've picked for this post, and it's also one of my favourite lipsticks. It's a lot more red without being an actual red lipstick, which is good for someone who wants to get into wearing red a bit more, but needs more of an in-between colour to start them off.



Topshop Lip Butter in 'Lolly'
I hardly ever wear this, and I don't think Topshop even make it anymore, but it's a pink tinted lip balm, which is good to apply if you don't have a mirror.



What's your favourite nude / pink lipstick?

1 comment:

  1. I love Velvet Teddy, I've wanted to get it for ages! I really like the Colour Sensational shade as well, I have Polished Up from Mac which is really similar!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete